– Class 1: remote gaming license eg: casinos and online lotteries. Here operators manage the game and also the risk. One can also have a Class 1 on 4 license whereby the operator uses the equipment of a Class 4 licensee.
– Class 2: a remote betting license. Here operators manage their risk based on a matchbook. One can also have a Class 2 on 4 license.
– Class 3: a license to promote remote gaming in or from Malta. One can also have a Class 3on 4 license.
– Class 4: a license to host and manage remote gaming operators excluding the licensee. Such services are provided from the operators platform. This is a Business to Business license.
2) What are the remote gaming license fees?
– application fees – €2,330
– yearly licence fees – €8,500
– renewal fees – €1,500
– approval fees for Transfer or Assignment of Licence – €1,500
– administrative fees (where applicable)
3) What are the tax rates imposed on gaming licenses?
– These can be found in the Fourth Schedule of the Remote Gaming Regulations.
4) How long does the licensing process usually take?
– Provided all documents and information is submitted this usually takes 12-16 weeks.
5) How long can the licensee take before going Live once the license is issued?
– The licensee will be given 60 days to go live else the license will fall.
– When this has been done the Malta Gaming Authority will issue a gaming license of five years.
6) What is the minimum share capital required for each license?
– Class 1 – one hundred thousand Euro (€100,000)
– Class 2 – one hundred thousand Euro (€100,000)
– Class 3 – forty thousand Euro (€40,000)
– Class 4 – forty thousand Euro (€40,000)
– Furthermore, companies applying for multiple licences should have the cumulative of the requirements hereby established, up to a maximum of two hundred and forty thousand Euro (€240,000).
GCB Malta communicated with us within 12 hrs and efficiently set up our company and dealt with all documentations, VAT, Bank... Our client is very happy with the work and so are we! Thanks...
Viviane Patsinos 15/04/2015
"For the last two years, GCB has assisted my small business with a range of financial services, including income tax preparation, VAT filings, and NI payments. In my experience, GCB provides its clients with comprehensive, personalized service at a reasonable price, and with attention to detail."