ETC Licensing – FAQ’s

1) If one has an old license are these still valid?
– Yes
2) When should one obtain a new license?
– This is required when one has a commercial activity regulated by the Commerce Department. The 2 categories are: those activities that involve the sale of an item irrespective of whether these are sold in a shop or on a market and those activities listed in subsidiary legislation 441.07.
3) How can one obtain a trading license?
– By obtaining the related application form from commerce.gov.mt and sending it at this address ‘’Business Care Unit, Commerce Department, Lascaris, Valletta. VLT1933.’’
4) If one changes the scope of his license, should one obtain a new license?
– This will depend on whether such activity needs a permit from the Planning Authority. If the change in scope of license does not require a permit one should get a declaration from his architect and submit it with MEPA.
5) How long does it usually take to obtain a reply regarding a license?
– This usually takes 10 days from the date of application.

GCB Malta communicated with us within 12 hrs and efficiently set up our company and dealt with all documentations, VAT, Bank... Our client is very happy with the work and so are we! Thanks...

Viviane Patsinos

"For the last two years, GCB has assisted my small business with a range of financial services, including income tax preparation, VAT filings, and NI payments. In my experience, GCB provides its clients with comprehensive, personalized service at a reasonable price, and with attention to detail."