– The candidate must not be less than 18 years old and have a clean criminal record. That applicant is called the primary/principal candidate then one can include his family members including children etc.
2) What are the contributions that have to be made?
– The principal applicant has to contribute EUR 650,000 to the National Development and Social Fund. The other individuals included under the application of the main applicant have to make a contribution of EUR 25,000 each.
3) What other conditions have to be satisfied?
– Candidates must purchase property in Malta with a value of at least EUR 350,000 or rent for not less than EUR 16,000 a year for at least 5 years. The land can be sold only if 5 years have elapsed.
– Investments in Government instruments have to be made of EUR 150,000 and held for at least 5 years.
4) What does the citizenship application programme involve in terms of timeframe?
– Upon submitting the necessary documents a Maltese residency card is issued within 1 -3 weeks.
– Identity Malta usually takes 4 months to review documents.
– When the above conditions are satisfied (in point 3 above) together with the possession of a health cover where usually one is given 4 months, one is issued with the Naturalisation certificate.
5) What are the benefits of acquiring a Maltese citizenship?
– By obtaining a Malta passport one obtains European identification
– A Malta passport offers unlimited cross boarder access of a European citizen under the Schengen agreement
Malta offers a good educational system, there are state schools and private schools where state schools are for free.
GCB Malta communicated with us within 12 hrs and efficiently set up our company and dealt with all documentations, VAT, Bank... Our client is very happy with the work and so are we! Thanks...
Viviane Patsinos 15/04/2015
"For the last two years, GCB has assisted my small business with a range of financial services, including income tax preparation, VAT filings, and NI payments. In my experience, GCB provides its clients with comprehensive, personalized service at a reasonable price, and with attention to detail."